IVN [PROJECT 2]


Maizatul Amirah Mahat-0336918
Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) Digital Media Production
Illustration and Visual Narrative - Ms. Anis and Mr. Kannan

Project 2: Decisive Moment


PROJECT 2
DECISIVE MOMENT 

Fig 1: Assignment Brief [20/05/2021]

IDEATION
We were assigned a task of creating a minimalistic poster. We also need to animate the poster and make it into a gif.


Fig 2: Ideation [20/05/2021]

I have chosen to illustrate a poster from a Netflix Series called as 'The Queen's Gambit'.
  • The scene where she ate the pill at night and the there's a chess board on the ceiling.
  • The entire series of her life.
Fig 2.1: Ideation [20/05/2021]


Most of the audience who watch this show knows about this scene, it happens during the first episode of the series gave us a glimpse into Beth Harmon's unique mind, when a young Beth lay awake in bed and saw a whirl of chess moves on the ceiling. Under Beth's mental control, massive bishops and rooks moved across the board.

SKETCH

Fig 3: sketch [22/05/2021]

I have sketch few ideas. I was implementing the ceiling scene and the pill scene where it happens when Beth eats the green pill.

DIGITALIZING THE IDEA

Adobe Illustrator

Fig 4: Digitalization [23/05/2021]

After receiving feedbacks from Mr Kannan. I have redesign my Poster

Fig 4: Digitalization [23/05/2021]

CREATING GIF

Fig 5: Animation Process in Adobe Illustrator [25/05/2021]

There were few options to create the movement but I have chosen to create the animation in photoshop. My first step is to create the frames in the Adobe Illustrator. It was a tedious work that consume a lot of time and skills to make sure the editing is not to quick and smooth. It takes me 20 frames for the movements. 

Fig 5: Animation Process in Adobe Photoshop [25/05/2021]

The next step is to animate all the frames in the Adobe Photoshop. This process was much more easier after creating the frames. I want to make it looping so after putting all the frames in, I reverse it back.
I increase the saturation to make it more colorize.

PRODUCT

Fig 5: Final Design [28/05/2021]



FEEDBACK 

Mr Kannan proposes that me to make it more luxurious by adding shadows and vignettes. He also showed more ideas on my poster.



REFLECTION

Through this week, I have manage to create a moving poster although it was challenging to actually draw it out digitally. It's a pleasant experience for me to do with Adobe Photoshop. I was delighted with my final outcome of poster animation, thanks to Mr. Kannan's recommendation.  Cannot wait for the next project, and I hope that there's a good piece of work I did.











Comments

Popular Posts